What happens when a yarn-aholic tries to stop buying yarn?

Saturday, August 19, 2006

Temptation strikes.

So I know I said the next post would be all about explaining the problem, but I might not get to that today. I'm having a fit of temptation. Lucky thing I have this here blog to document it, right? Yeah. Here's the deal: I'm trying to figure out Christmas presents, mostly for my family, and I have not seen my family in at least a year. And I'm terrible about sending boxes, so I have my mom's Christmas present from last year, her Mother's Day present I made her this year, and her Christmas present from this year (and no, there will be no pictures until she receives it, because any day now I'll tell her about the blog and NO PEEKING!). My mom is easier to make stuff for than my dad. See previous post re: thinks he can't wear wool. So I'm planning to make my dad socks, and I figure I have to have the same build up of stuff for him, right? Three pairs of socks? Really? My dad's a teacher, and I've been wanting to make him a school spirit scarf in his school's colors. So last night I started playing around on knitpicks and found stuff that would be perfect, then I needed some other things, then I realized that it's free shipping over forty dollars! So I now have a cart with forty dollars worth of stuff in it saved on the site. I can't buy it. I can't! I have bills due, and I only get paid every two weeks! And I have so. Much. Yarn. Seriously, I will make my dad things from my stash for at least two more weeks, then I'll see about the knitpicks stuff. At least I have it all picked out and ready to go, I guess. Ok, I can be good.

2 Comments:

Blogger Lucy said...

Well, I'm not going to help with your diet because I just dyed you some of that red and black sock yarn. Let me know how many you'd like me to hold for you!

7:50 PM

 
Blogger Lucy said...

Emily, I lost your email. I've been enjoying Firefly. The only problem is that I opened the fourth case to find no disk in it. Just wanted to let you know that it is at large. See you soon, Lucy

8:13 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home